To edit an automation,
- Click on the Automation Menu. This will open the Email Automation Window.
- Before you can edit your autoresponder, it must be in a paused or in a draft state.
- A paused state will be indicated by a word Inactive in yellow.
- A draft state will be indicated by a word Draft in gray.
- To pause automation series roll over the three dots on the right and click on the pause icon (circle with two lines in the middle).
- Once the automation series is paused (or in draft mode), roll over the three dots on the right and click on Edit icon. This will open the Activate Automation window where you can navigate to different steps of the Automation wizard. For more information about these different steps, see the support topic, “How To Create an Automation Series.”
- You can also edit the delivery details. Click on the Edit link in the Delivery Details column to open the Edit Automation window.
You can modify the following details for delivery of the automation:
- List/Segment—use the drop down to select which list or segment to which the autoresponder applies
- Send Settings—enter details to specify when the autoresponder should be sent:
- First, enter a number. The number you enter depends on how you select the following criteria.
- Second, select the time frame from the drop down
- Third, select whether the autoresponder should be sent “before” or “after” a specific event
Finally, select the specific event:
- Sign up
- Title—enter a title for the automation.
Note: If you select “date” as the option, you will have an additional option to select the date event from a subsequent drop down. This option will only be available if there is a field with type “date” in the list.
Click on the Save Button to commit the changes and return to the Automation list.